If you have a project you are working on, or even simply a question to help you in your brainstorming, please reach out to us today.
Maintaining Business Continuity and Communications During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic is a difficult time for businesses. Many are facing disruption in various ways, whether it’s:
- Employees requesting to work-from-home due to illness or increased childcare as public schools close.
- Changes to business operations as events and gatherings are suspended.
- Industry troubles, such as businesses relying on tourism, travel, or airlines.
- And more…
No matter what your industry, or the size of your organization, it’s likely that your business is being affected in some way by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
But have you informed your staff and customers of how your business is handling the situation?
Now is the time to:
- Create a business continuity plan (if you haven’t done so already). Can your company continue to offer products or services remotely in the wake of social distancing? You might also think here about you can adapt current offerings to be remote or promote certain online offerings more — such as an eCommerce offering vs. in-store deals.
- Look into work-from-home capabilities. While not all businesses can operate remotely, it’s more possible for many than you might think. For instance, phone calls can be forwarded, email can be accessed remotely, and websites can be updated from anywhere at any time.
The key is assessing your infrastructure and making a plan to transition your team.
- Implement a communications strategy for both staff and clients.
– Your staff need to know what your business is doing to ensure their safety during this critical time.
– Your clients need to know how operations will be affected (even if the answer is that they won’t be affected). If you are continuing to operate as normal, they need to know the safety precautions you have in place.
– You can also use this time to put yourself in your clients’ shoes — what might they be going through and how can your business help?
While COVID-19 is affecting many businesses, this is not the time to go radio-silent. Instead, make a plan and clearly communicate it. Show that you are taking this threat seriously while also providing solutions for people who might be affected.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, digital communication is more important — and necessary — than ever.
At The Purpose Company, we are experienced communications professionals with versatile project management experience. We can craft your communications strategy while helping you ensure business continuity and adapt to remote work if needed.
Our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19. We know this is a challenging period, but there can also be opportunities. We want to help you manage this difficult time and find any silver lining that you can.
Don’t leave your clients and staff in the dark. Reach out to us today for a realistic plan that cuts through the noise and helps your business rise to the occasion.
Call 1-855-497-2387 or visit http://www.thepurposecompany.ca.
Stay up-to-date on COVID-19 advisories from Public Health Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html